hotel barge holidays in france
canal cruising in france
10% off on selected 2021 departures
mirage - canal du midiCanal Barge in France
THE 6 PASSENGER BARGE mirage
Mirage is an authentic 1950 French barge, lovingly transformed into an elegant floating boutique hotel. Mirage cruises the historic Canal du Midi in southwestern France, providing luxury accommodations for two to six passengers. Going down a few steps, you arrive in the spacious living cum dining-room with a large table and four comfortable leather chairs. A corridor leads to the three cabins with ensuite decorated with care and refinement. Outside, chairs and armchairs are available on the large teak deck terrace. .
Moored at the Herminis lock, a few minutes away from the historical center of Carcassonne,
the hotel barge Mirage welcomes you in a quiet, original and luxurious setting.
itinerary Carcassonne and Castelnaudary
Choose either all-inclusive or self-catering cruise
You want to stand alone but you do not have the right boat licence. The self-catering option is what you need. You will enjoy all the comfort of a floating hotel without the trouble of piloting the barge. Captain and crew will be in charge while the barge is moving.
On board you have complete freedom. The fully-equipped kitchen enables you to prepare your meals. If necessary, our crew will assist you for shopping. If you don't feel like cooking, there are many restaurants along the way.
2020 - 2021 cruise
we pilot the boat
you do the rest!
3 day 2 night cruise
7 day / 6 night cruise
self-catering cruise includes:
● Transfer from the Carcassonne railway station to the boat and back.
● Presentation of the region over a welcome drink.
● A crew a few hours every day to pilot the boat.
● Free use of bicycles.
● Use of the jaccuzi.
• Breakfast can be prepared for you for an extra 450€ a week.
• Private minivan excursions with driving guide: 110 Euros per person.
These rates do not include:
• Insurance • Personal expenses • Gratuities to the crew (between 7 and 10%)
all inclusive 7 day cruise
Carcassonne-Seuil de Naurouze
highlightsVisits: The medieval cities of Carcassonne & Mirepoix • The Revel Bastide founded in 1342 • The Benedictine Abbey of Sorèze & Benedictine Abbey of Saint-Papoul.
A truffle farm: initiation to truffle hunting.
Wine and chocolate tasting workshops supervised by an oenologist-winemaker (organic wine) and a chocolate maker (1h15). Thanks to a simple method, in a playful and friendly atmosphere, you will learn to sample different wine and chocolate combinations.
Grape-blending workshop: supervised by an oenologist (2h30) You will learn the basics of wine-sampling and, then, with a test tube and basic varietal wines, make your own blend of “Grand Cru”.
Cooking workshop: traditional French or vegan cuisine.
Pastel blue dyeing workshop.
A peaceful car ride on one of the most popular and mythical convertible French cars, a Citroën 2CV, in the Lauragais rural, hilly countryside, looking out for the typical “murs-clochers” .
A musical evening on the barge to the rhythm of New Orleans or Manouche jazz, a moment suspended in time as only the Canal du Midi can treat you to.
2020 - 2021 cruise
up to 6 passengers
7 day 6 night cruise
Price for 7 days full board includes:
● The transfer from the Carcassonne railway station to the boat and back.
● Lunches in gourmet restaurants. (for full board option)
● The evening meals on the deck or in the dining room depending on the weather. You will be served regional specialities nicely prepared by your hostess with local and seasonal products.
● Drinks, before and after dinner cocktails and liqueurs. ● The excursions, the visits, wine tastings. ● Bicycles.
● The free use of the jacuzzi.
These rates do not include:• Insurance • Personal expenses • Gratuities to the crew (between 7 and 10%)
To avoid currency exchange fees
• Australians can pay in Australian dollars by direct deposit or credit card.
• New Zealanders can pay in New Zealand dollars by direct deposit or credit card.
• US citizens will be charged in US dollars using credit card.
cruise & fly
The hotel barge Mirage offers optional 1h30 flights over the Canal du Midi.
° Biplane: 220 € / person / 01h30 flight.
° DR 400: 150 € / person / 01h30 flight.